1. Read this blog & find out about the program.
2. Discover a few pointers from lifelong learners & learn how to nurture your own learning process.
Week 2: Blogging
3. Set up your own blog & add your first post.
4. Publicize your blog & let us know you're taking part in the program.
**UPDATED** Important: If your blog is not automatically showing updates in the list of participating blogs on this page, take the following steps:
- Log in to YOUR blog and click on the "Settings" link.
- Click on the link that says "Site Feed".
- On the option called, "Allow Blog Feeds", choose "Full" from the drop-down menu.
- **NEW** If your blog's address is in the "feed url" text box, REMOVE it.
- Click "Save Settings" at the bottom of the page.
Week 3: Photos & Images
5. Explore Flickr & learn about this popular image hosting site.
6. Have some Flickr fun & discover some Flickr mashups & 3rd party sites.
7. Create a blog post about anything technology related that interests you this week.
Week 4: RSS & Newsreaders
8. Learn about RSS feeds and setup your own Bloglines newsreader account.
9. Locate a few useful library related blogs and/or news feeds.
Week 5: Play
10. Play around with an online image generator.
11. Take a look at LibraryThing and catalog some of your favorite books.
12. Roll your own search tool with Rollyo.
Week 6: Tagging, Folksonomies & Technorati
13. Learn about tagging and discover a Del.icio.us (a social bookmaking site).
14. Explore Technorati and learn how tags work with blog posts.
15. Read a few perspectives on Web 2.0, Library 2.0 and the future of libraries and blog your thoughts.
Week 7: Wikis
16. Learn about wikis and discover some innovative ways that libraries are using them.
17. Add an entry to the SPL-Learning Wiki Sandbox.
Week 8: Online Applications & Tools
18. Take a look at some online productivity (word processing, spreadsheet) tools.
19. Explore any site from the Web 2.0 awards list, play with it and write a blog post about your findings.
Week 9: Podcasts, Video & Downloadable Audio
20. Explore YouTube and find a video to add to your blog.
21. Learn about the wide world of podcasts.
22. Browse SPL's downloadable audiobook collection and "checkout" one that you like.
23. Peruse the new SPL website.
24. Learn a new language with Mango Language Learning.
25. Tweet on Twitter.
26. What is Thingfo?
27. Summarize your thoughts about the "27 Things" program on your blog.